As with any new organization we get asked different versions of “Who or what is FCCAM?” This summer our Board spent time discussing this to see if we could bring it all together to share with family child care providers and also the wider community.
Who are we?
A Professional Association for those in the Profession of Family Child Care, not a union.
Active family child care providers, students in ece and those that support family child care
What does that mean?
We know first-hand the challenges experienced within our profession. We want to find solutions to barriers impacting our profession and work. We want to develop opportunities to grow supportive networks around the state among providers.
Why did we form?
Family child care is an important part of the child care system in Maine, but for a large part of the wider community, fcc is not understood or valued. Family child care is often an isolating profession. Joining together we can support each other while raising awareness of just who we are and how important we are to the child care system in Maine.
How do we meet our mission to unify, promote and strengthen quality professional family child care in the State of Maine?
- Collaboration with other state organizations concerned about families and children
- Maine Roads to Quality (MRTQ)
- Maine AEYC
- Right from the Start
- Collaboration with early childhood education national organizations
- State affiliate of NAFCC
- Opportunities to network
- Monthly online Community of Practice – facilitated by MRTQ
- Private Facebook discussion group for members
- Annual membership conference call
- Communicating a positive image of fcc, providing information about the benefits of family child care to the broader community.
- Elected officials
- News media
- Social media
- Higher Ed – presenting to early childhood education programs
- Developing Resources
- Developing advocacy skills, so the voice of fcc providers are heard on issues directly impacting them.
- Host public policy forums
- Provide testimony at public hearings
- Dialogue with DHHS/Licensing
Together we are stronger.
We ask you to consider joining FCCAM today!
Join online from our website.
FCCAM can be contacted at: email@example.com