There are many family child care providers who are looking at significant changes in the care they will be providing for school-age children come this Fall. For those that are not familiar with Maine AferSchool Network (state affiliate of National Afterschool Association), FCCAM PLC encourages you to check them out.
Here’s just one resource we are aware of through the Maine AfterSchool Network:
These familiar with Maine Afterschool Network might already be familiar with the Mizzan by Mott app. It is a great resource for hands-on educational activities to use with school-age children. It is FREE to download and use. While the complete app is structured to support larger group programs the activities are appropriate for use with individual children K- 12.
Mizzen by Mott inspires, engages and sparks learning in young people. With activities from premier organizations like Jazz at Lincoln Center and powerful management tools, this new app can help you strengthen your afterschool program.
- Get daily “featured content” – a description of the activity and materials needed
- Tip of the Day – instruction and inspiration to elevate the learning experience
- Search for subjects ranging from arts to zoology
- View detailed descriptions of each activity module
- Step-by-step guidance for each activity – includes learning objectives and materials