UPDATE (12/22/21): APPLICATION is now available! Submit application by January 14, 2022. Those selected will be notified by January 22, 2022.
FCCAM has encouraged providers to be looking for and opening the weekly “Shortcuts” email that comes from MRTQ PDN. It’s a longer email, but easy to scan through. It shares tons of information about training opportunities all in one place. We are sharing information from the 12/15/21 “Shortcuts” just in case you missed it.
MRTQ PDN is offering a pilot of the Strengthening Business Practices for Child Care Programs Initiative.
This unique professional development opportunity includes a virtual training series with an additional two meetings in the form of a Community of Practice, specifically for those participating in the pilot. These COPs will focus on business practices allowing time for peer-to-peer support, sharing of knowledge, and problem-solving.
Additionally, upon successful completion of this pilot program, participants will be offered on-site consultation and will receive a Quality Improvement Award of computer hardware and/or software.
This free training is open to family and center-based child care as well as to out-of-school time programs.
The goal of the training is to strengthen program leaders’ foundational knowledge of fiscal terms, concepts, and practices.
The four modules on this virtual training will focus on:
- Developing a budget and using it for decision-making throughout the year,
- Understanding how to project business costs, generate additional income, and plan strategically for future goals,
- Using fiscal reports and understanding internal controls to strengthen your program’s fiscal health,
- Using data and articulating features and benefits of your program for marketing purposes
- Understanding best practices for hiring and training staff and becoming familiar with developing a staff handbook and strategies for staff feedback.
Virtual sessions will be held 6:30 to 8:30 pm on:
- Feb ’22: 2nd & 16th
- March ’22: 2nd, 16th & 30th
- April ’22: 13th & 27th
- May ’22: 11th
Community of Practice meetings to be held in March and May are TBA for evening or Saturday morning.
For more detailed information check out the Strengthening Business Practices Talking Points.
If you have questions, please contact Karen Bergeron, Statewide Quality Initiatives Manager at email@example.com.