Taken From: Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Child and Family Services
November 28, 2022 MEMORANDUM
The Office of Child and Family Services (OCFS) Child Care Subsidy program (CCSP) will begin
two new initiatives to increase access to affordable, high-quality child care for Maine’s working families.
Incentivize licensed child care programs to accept CCSP. OCFS has allocated $3,000,000 of ARPA CCDF Discretionary Funds to distribute a one-time stipend per child in the child care program receiving CCSP.
- Program must meet the following criteria:
– Providers must have an active CCSP Provider Agreement at the time of payment.
– Provider must have an active license at the time of payment.
- A $500 stipend will be provided per child in attendance and receiving reimbursement for at time of payment.
- Four (4) quarterly payments will be made with the first payment in January 2023.
Further incentivize providers to offer infant care by increasing an existing stipend from
$100 to $150 per infant per week. OCFS has allocated $500,000 to increase the weekly infant
stipend by $50.
- The increase will begin 12/31/22 and run through 09/30/23.
- The criteria for the Infant Stipend remains the same. Please see the Infant/Toddler
Incentives Memo.pdf (maine.gov) for details.
For more information on CCSP or becoming a CCSP provider, please contact our office at 1-877-680-
5866 or 207-624-7999 or CCSP.DHHS@Maine.gov.
Providers can find additional information and resources on CCSP at Child Care Subsidy Information for
Providers | Department of Health and Human Services (maine.gov).