FCCAM’s Professional Learning Committee wants providers to know about the opportunity for more providers to attend the 2021 Statewide ECE Conference for FREE! We also want those that had already registered for this event to have time to make any adjustments needed.
from the Statewide Conference Planning Team:
We have had growing concerns within our conference planning team and from many of our presenters and participants around the Delta Variant. Most of you are teachers, staff, and leaders at child care centers, family child care programs, and public schools who will be going back to spaces with children two days after our event. And, as you know, vaccines for children are not yet available. We don’t feel it is going to be safe to continue with a large indoor event that is only weeks away during a surge in cases in Maine.
We are excited about the excellent keynote speakers and presenters who will be able to bring you great content over the two days as well as new opportunities this will allow for, such as access to sessions beyond the event itself. Below are some details regarding the change from in-person to virtual:
- The $70 registration cost will allow access to the conference for the full 2 days and beyond! We are working within our conference planning team to make adjustments to those who have already purchased tickets for two days and paid $140.
- Exciting news! If you haven’t registered yet, there will be 170 more complimentary registrations available next week on September 16th at 6am. Stay tuned for an email from The Office of Child and Family Services with a code to register for FREE!
- Any questions about registration, please reach out to MaineAEYC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Keynote Speakers and Breakout Sessions:
- There will be one keynote and 30 live workshops to choose from each day. Most sessions will be recorded for later viewing so you can attend and engage with even more content for months after the event.
- LIVE Keynote Address with Walter Gilliam on Friday and Lisa Murphy on Saturday!
- Other LIVE breakout sessions with Lisa Murphy on Saturday include Lisa Murphy on Being Child Centered and Lisa Murphy On…Play! The Importance of Early Experiences. Please note, these sessions will only run live on Saturday and will not be recorded for future viewing.
- Over 50 breakout sessions to choose from over the 2 days including:
- Business Basics for Family Child Care Providers
- Supporting LGBTQ Families in the Early Childhood Setting
- Mindfulness: Experience and Inquiry
- Moving Out: First Steps to Creating an Outdoor Classroom
- Creating a Trauma Sensitive Classroom
- And much more!