The Council for Professional Recognition is offering a “holiday gift” of free online professional development through their website.
Here are some examples:
- Emotional Intelligence ~ https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/recording/3346862127111550479
- Trauma Informed Care in the Early Childhood Setting: Why Is This Something to Consider? ~ https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/recording/2201566832522768390
- A Deeper Look at Trauma: Supporting Yourself, Children and Families ~ https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/recording/5392445235101189648
- Nutrition, Behavior, and Tips for Picky Eaters ~ https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/recording/5056038658373719043
- How a Child’s Brain is Built: Understanding Brain Development in Early Childhood ~ https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/recording/8614222114482838796
- Bonding with Books, the Key to Literacy ~ https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/recording/5934614419974051085
- Yoga and Meditation for Young Children ~ https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/recording/8516185259084513807
- Educating the Whole Child: Mind, Body and Soul ~ https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/recording/5160387808323984912
The Kirwan Institute for the Study of Race and Ethnicity at The Ohio State University is an interdisciplinary engaged research institute. As a racial equity research institute, the goal is to connect individuals and communities with opportunities needed for thriving by educating the public, building the capacity of allied social justice organizations, and investing in efforts that support racial equity and inclusion.
This FREE module series will introduce you to insights about how our minds operate and help you understand the origins of implicit associations. You will also uncover some of your own biases and learn strategies for addressing them. Each module is divided into a short series of lessons, many taking less than 10 minutes to complete.
You can complete the lessons and modules at your convenience.
The Maine Statewide ECE Conference will return in 2021!
Due to COVID-19, we will not be able to hold the statewide early childhood education conference this year. The Maine Department of Health and Human Services, Maine Department of Education, Head Start Directors, Educare Central Maine, Family Child Care Association of Maine, Maine Roads to Quality Professional Development Network, and Maine Association for the Education of Young Children are committed to bringing a 2nd annual conference to early childhood educators, leaders, and partners in our state. While we will not be able to gather in Bangor this fall, we are excited for continued collaboration next year.
iLookOut for Child Abuse Training ~ approved mandated reporter training for Maine providers
iLookOutfor Child Abuse (iLookOut) program would like to invite you, your staff, & volunteers to complete the iLookOut online learning program. iLookOut is an online learning program that provides up to 13 hours of professional development credit. iLookOut is also a research study designed to help learn how to best train child care providers to protect children.
You will need an iLookOut account:
- Visit www.ilookoutmaine.org
- Select Register
- Enter your child care program’s license number
If you have any questions, please contact the iLookOut team by phone at 717-531-4552 or by email at email@example.com