Membership in FCCAM will provide opportunities to network both locally and statewide with other providers for training and support. Membership will provide opportunities to collaborate with other organizations that are advocating for children and their families in Maine. It will provide an opportunity to drive awareness of our professionalism and value to our communities. It will provide providers with a united voice for input on issues that impact Family Child Care in Maine directly.
Membership Classes and Fees
- Class A members shall be active Family Child Care Licensees currently owning and operating a legal family child care and staff providers who are current in the payment of membership dues or active Small Facility Licensees currently owning and operating a legal small facility and staff providers who are current in the payment of membership dues.
- Class B members shall be Students attending a technology high school in Maine or matriculated in an Early Childhood Education program
- Non-voting Class C members shall be individuals providing support for child care efforts, and family child care advocates who are current in the payment of membership dues.
Membership Dues Structure:
- All dues are renewable annually.
- Membership in NAFCC in not required, but strongly encouraged.
- NAFCC membership is paid separately directly to NAFCC (*unless using the scholarship for a Dual FCCAM/NAFCC membership)
- For Dual FCCAM/NAFCC membership: all paperwork/fee filing will be handled by FCCAM
Annual FCCAM Dues:
- Class A members
- $25.00 per year for individual licensee
- $15.00 for staff provider of a licensee who is a current member
- Class B members
- $15.00 per year for student who is attending a technology high school in Maine or matriculated in an Early Childhood Education program
- Class C Non-voting members
- $15.00 per year for Individual advocate/supporter
Current benefits of membership in FCCAM:
- Professional membership that is recognized by Quality for ME
- FREE training workshops that meet state licensing requirements – found under Members Only in the top menu
- Discounts to state conferences FCCAM partners with
- Help facilitating providers learning from each other in local and statewide professional groups
- FCCAM membership provides you the chance to be part of a strong association focused on supporting you!
Family Child Care Professionals are important to the economy of our local communities and our state. They are a major part of the child care system in Maine, but too many in the wider community do not have a clue about the work that we do. Having an strongly supported active association provides a voice “at the table” at statewide meetings on topics of interest, rule revisions and changes to Maine Statutes that directly affect family child care. A strong association has the opportunity to collaborate both in state and nationally. These collaborations raise the visibility of the profession positively. FCCAM bringings thoughts, desires and concerns of members on topics that directly impact the sustainability of our businesses and the quality of care we are able to provide Maine’s children to a variety of collaborations.
Your membership fee is tax deductible.