Family Child Care Professionals are important to the economy of our local communities and our state. They are a major part of the child care system in Maine, but too many in the wider community do not have a clue about the work that we do. Having an strongly supported active association provides a voice “at the table” at statewide meetings on topics of interest, rule revisions and changes to Maine Statutes that directly affect family child care. A strong association has the opportunity to collaborate both in state and nationally. These collaborations raise the visibility of the profession positively. FCCAM bringings thoughts, desires and concerns of members on topics that directly impact the sustainability of our businesses and the quality of care we are able to provide Maine’s children to a variety of collaborations.
Benefits of Annual Membership for Class A and B
- Chance to be part of a strong association focused on supporting you!
- Professional membership that is recognized by Quality for ME
- FREE training opportunities
- Discounts to state conferences FCCAM partners with
- Help facilitating providers learning from each other in local and statewide professional groups
Online Applications for FCCAM Membership Classes
Class A: Family Child Care Licensees and their staff and/or Small Facility Licensees and their staff and/or Licensed Exempt Provider.
- $25.00 per year for individual licensee
- $25.00 per year for license exempt provider
- $15.00 for staff provider of a licensee who is a current member
Class B: students attending a technology high school in Maine or matriculated in an Early Childhood Education program and not working more than part-time within a family child care program.
- $15.00 per year for student
Class C Non-Voting Supporter: individuals who understand the importance of having a strong professional association that supports family child care professionals.
- $15.00 per year for individual supporter (While no membership benefits are applicable to this class, supporters can request to be granted access to specific trainings offered by FCCAM.)
If you would prefer to join FCCAM using a paper form, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide you with one. Please let us know what class of membership and if you need a form mailed to you or can download and print off from a pdf. If we are mailing please provide your mailing address.
For providers your FCCAM membership fee is tax deductible.
We would also like to remind you of the FREE NAA Ambassador Membership. The National AfterSchool Association publishes fresh, new content every week covering a wide variety of topics related to the field of after-school care. A good amount of the material is adaptable for younger learners. A strong focus on STEM activities and resources. Click here to register.