The mission of the Family Child Care Association of Maine (FCCAM) is to unify, promote and strengthen quality professional family child care in the State of Maine.
The goal of FCCAM is to achieve the highest standards in Maine’s diverse legal family child care homes promoting the physical, intellectual, emotional, and social development of children by:
- Enhancing the quality of family child care
- Strengthening and expanding the family child care network
- Providing support through mentoring and resources to family child care providers
- Communicating a positive image and information about the benefits of Family Child Care to the broad community (local, state, federal) through research, advocacy, legislation and effective marketing
- Coordinating with community and social service agencies at all levels to support children and families
- Developing leadership and advocacy skills for family child care providers through education, training, exposure and identifying ways to be proactive