A. (NEW) Rights of children. Children receiving child care from Providers have the following rights.
~ Use this language to meet the requirement on a policy about child rights while in care.
- Children must be free from emotional, physical, sexual abuse, neglect and exploitation.
- Each Child has the right to freedom from harmful actions or practices that are detrimental to the Child’s welfare, and to practices that are potentially harmful to the Child.
- Each Child has a right to an environment that meets the health and safety standards in this rule.
- Each Child must be provided childcare services without regard to race, age, national origin, religion, disability, sex or family composition.
- Children must be treated with dignity, consideration and respect in full recognition of their
individuality. This includes the use of Developmentally Appropriate practices by the Provider and Staff Members.
- Each Child has the right to the implementation of any plan of service that has been developed for that Child in conjunction with community or state agencies by the Provider.
- Each Child has a right to Developmentally Appropriate activities, materials, and equipment.
- Children with disabilities have the right to reasonable modifications to Provider policies and
B. (NEW) Rights of parents and legal guardians of children receiving child care from Providers.
- A Child’s Parent or Legal Guardian must be fully informed of items or services which are included in the rate they pay for childcare services.
- A Child’s Parent or Legal Guardian has the right to be fully informed of findings of the most recent inspection conducted by the Department. The Provider must inform Children’s Parents or Legal Guardians that the licensing inspection results are public information and inspection results must be posted in a prominent place on the Premises.
- Parents or Legal Guardians must be notified by the Provider within two business days of any actions taken against the Provider by the Department, including but not limited to, decisions to issue conditional Licenses, refusal to renew a License, or to impose fines or other sanctions.
Back to: Table of Contents