Access Maine – online resource guide with information on public programs, services, and other resources
Maine Organizations/Agencies –
- Center for Community Inclusion and Disability Studies (CCIDS) –
- Tip sheets & Resources for Growing Early Childhood Practices
- CDS – information on Child Development Services in Maine
- (ECCP) Maine Early Childhood Consultation Partnership Consultation – FREE early childhood mental health consultation program that addresses the social-emotional needs of children birth to age eight (0-8) by offering support, education, and consultation to the adults who provide care for them.
- Go NAPSACC – supports providers in improving their practices, policies and environments to help develop healthy habits for the children in their care.
- Subsidy (CCSP)
- 2021 Market Rate
- (EIN) Employer Identification Number – This number works in place of your social security number for business related items (ie. set up a bank account, apply for loans, and paying taxes). It is FREE to register your business with the federal government.
- IRS Tax Information
*Sample Care Agreement can be found in the website menu under “Business Toolkit“
- Background Checks –
- Email confirmation of eligibility is available for the fingerprint background check results of newly hired employees. Five business days following an individual’s fingerprint appointment a licensed provider may email the individual’s full name and date of birth to: Childcarecheck.firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the individual’s eligibility status. This email may be used as verification until the official Letter of Eligibility is received in the mail.
- Child Care Choices ME
- County Resource Connections – Providers can find contact information on resources specific to their county that supports their work and their families. Also includes State and National agencies contact information.
- ITMELDS – Infant Toddler Maine’s Early Learning Development Standards (birth through 36 months)
- MELDS – Maine’s Early Learning Development Standards (Preschool standards for 3 – 5 years)
- MRTQ PDN
- OCFS – Office of Child and Family Services
- QRIS (Rising Stars ME) – Maine’s quality rating and improvement system is often referred to by “QRIS”. All Licensed programs are required to participate. QRIS is about the program, not provider or individual staff. Currently programs must complete an application to participate in Maine’s QRIS.
- Water Labs – links to labs certified by the state to provide the required water tests: first draw (one time test for all providers) and annual water safety test for providers on private wells.
There has been a variety of financial supports available to providers since COVID-19 impacted our small businesses.
Isolation and Precautions for Individuals with Covid includes easy to use linked resource for individual situation guidance with dates: Insolation and Exposure Calculator
Expansion Grant Opportunity under CEI (started 7/2022 available until funds used up)