Skip to content
Local County resources
- Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP)
- Aroostook County Action Program 207-768-3026 ext. 325
- Horizons Unlimited, Inc. 207-764-6659
- Community Action Programs (CAP)
- County Action Program (ACAP)
P.O. Box 1116
444 Main Street
Presque Isle, ME 04769
voice: (800) 432-7881 or (207) 764-3721
87 W. Main Street
Fort Kent, ME 04743
voice: (207) 834-5135
91½ Military Road
Houlton, ME 04730
voice: (207) 532-9526
66 Fox Street
Madawaska, ME 04756
voice: (207) 728-6345
- Domestic Violence Support
- Let’s Go! Aroostook
- Program Coordinators listed by county – Maine Health
- Maine Families / Aroostook
- United Way of Aroostook County
Statewide Support Resources
National Health and Safety Resources
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Back to Sleep Education Campaign: Information for parents, caregivers, and health care providers on safe sleeping practices
- CDC Developmental Milestones: Materials provide a quick picture and also usable for conversations with families.
- Child Care Aware of America
- Choose My Plate
- Choosing Safe and Healthy Child Care: guidelines for families and consumers in choosing safe and healthy child care in various settings.
- Council for Early Education – CDA
- CPSC Handbook for Outdoor Home Playground Safety: intended as guidance for installation of safe backyard playgrounds.
- Crib Safety Tips: publication from the Consumer Product Safety Commission on crib safety
- ECLKC (Head Start)
- Farm to Early Care and Education (section of Farm to School programs for ECE)
- Go NAPP SACC
- Healthy Children: information related to child health, as well as guidance on parenting issues from leading child health experts.
- Healthy Child Care America: includes “BrightFutures/Child Care Health Partnership Handouts for Parents”
- Infant and toddler feeding: helping parents navigate the what, when and how of : accessible, evidence-based information about today’s best practices for feeding infants and toddlers.
- National Resource Center for Health and Safety in Child Care and Early Education: National Health and Safety Performance Standards: Guidelines for Early Care and Education Programs
- National Weather Service
- NAA – National AfterSchool Association
- NAEYC – National Association for the Education of Young Children
- NAFCC – National Association for Family Child Care
- NHSA – National Head Start Association
- OPEN – Online Physical Education Network
- Physical Activity and Nutrition: USDA Choose My Plate; Dietary Recommendation Resource
- Preschool Development Grants (PDG)
- Safe Kids USA: information on child passenger safety, pedestrian safety, fire and burn prevention, sports safety, product recalls, and blogs on special topics.
- The US Consumer Product Safety Commission: provides the latest information on product recalls such as cribs and strollers. Consumers can sign up for e-mail alerts with the latest recalls.
Inclusion/ Disabilities Law Resources