Help navigating “Zoom” – The Family Child Care Association’s Professional Learning Committee uses Zoom for it’s online trainings. Zoom is also used by Maine Roads to Quality for the Online Communities of Practice.
- A & L Laboratory, Auburn, (207) 784-5354
- Brewer Water Dept. Laboratory, Holden, (207) 843-7182
- ClearWater Laboratory (Division of Acheron Engineering), Newport, (207)368-5786
- Maine Water Company (Mirror Lake Lab), Rockport, (207) 236-8428
- Health and Environmental Testing Laboratory, Augusta, (207) 287-2727
- Katahdin Analytical Services, Scarborough, (207) 874-2400
- Maine Environmental Laboratory, Yarmouth, (207) 846-6569
- Nelson Analytical Lab, Kennebunk, (207) 467-3478
- Northeast Laboratory Services, Winslow, (207) 873-7711
- Paris Utility District Laboratory, South Paris, (207) 743-5134
ECE Support Resources in Maine
Center for Community Inclusion and Disability Studies CCIDS – Tipsheets and Resources
MaineHealth Lets Go! 5-2-1-0
Maine Prepares: Maine Emergency Preparedness Agency
YIKES Your inventory for Keeping Everyone Safe: Planning Guide for Emergency Response Planning in Child Care. A publication of Maine Department of Health and Human Services,
National Health and Safety Resources
CDC Developmental Milestones: Materials provide a quick picture and also usable for conversations with families.
Back to Sleep Education Campaign: Information for parents, caregivers, and health care providers on safe sleeping practices
CPSC Handbook for Outdoor Home Playground Safety: intended as guidance for installation of safe backyard playgrounds.
Crib Safety Tips: publication from the Consumer Product Safety Commission on crib safety
Farm to Early Care and Education (section of Farm to School programs for ECE)
Healthy Child Care America: includes “BrightFutures/Child Care Health Partnership Handouts for Parents”
Healthy Children: information related to child health, as well as guidance on parenting issues from leading child health experts.
Choosing Safe and Healthy Child Care: guidelines for families and consumers in choosing safe and healthy child care in various settings.
National Resource Center for Health and Safety in Child Care and Early Education: National Health and Safety Performance Standards: Guidelines for Early Care and Education Programs
Physical Activity and Nutrition: USDA Choose My Plate; Dietary Recommendation Resource
The US Consumer Product Safety Commission: provides the latest information on product recalls such as cribs and strollers. Consumers can sign up for e-mail alerts with the latest recalls.
Safe Kids USA: information on child passenger safety, pedestrian safety, fire and burn prevention, sports safety, product recalls, and blogs on special topics.
Helping parents navigate the what, when and how of infant and toddler feeding: accessible, evidence-based information about today’s best practices for feeding infants and toddlers.