County Connections ~ Providers find resources specific for your county, statewide and nationally that support your work and materials that can be shared with families to strengthen that connection.
If you know of any Connections for your county that we have missed please let us know about it by completing this simple online form. Our goal is to provide links to agencies that support family child care providers, the children in care and support families.
Licensing Water Safety Test are accepted from these recognized Maine Labs:
- A & L Laboratory, Auburn, (207) 784-5354
- Brewer Water Dept. Laboratory, Holden, (207) 843-7182
- ClearWater Laboratory (Division of Acheron Engineering), Newport, (207)368-5786
- Maine Water Company (Mirror Lake Lab), Rockport, (207) 236-8428
- Health and Environmental Testing Laboratory, Augusta, (207) 287-2727
- Katahdin Analytical Services, Scarborough, (207) 874-2400
- Maine Environmental Laboratory, Yarmouth, (207) 846-6569
- Nelson Analytical Lab, Kennebunk, (207) 467-3478
- Northeast Laboratory Services, Winslow, (207) 873-7711
- Paris Utility District Laboratory, South Paris, (207) 743-5134
Email confirmation of eligibility is now available for the fingerprint background check results of newly hired employees . Five business days following an individual’s fingerprint appointment a licensed provider may email the address below to receive the individual’s eligibility status. This email may be used as verification until the official Letter of Eligibility is received in the mail. Send an email with the individual’s full name and date of birth to Childcarecheck.firstname.lastname@example.org
The Learning Journey; Successful Transitions in Early Education and Beyond – Children experience a variety of transitions during the early years and in their day to day life. This website focuses on the developmental milestones and types of transitions for children ages 0-5.
Help navigating “Zoom” – The Family Child Care Association’s Professional Learning Committee uses Zoom for it’s online trainings. Zoom is also used by Maine Roads to Quality for the Online Communities of Practice.
Among MRTQ PDN library resources you will find a book written by Tom Copeland and Holly Elissa Bruno, entitled “Managing Legal Risks in Early Childhood Programs.”